This post contains affiliate links. Read more about that here.
This list of tools and materials is as complete as I can make it. There may be small things I miss along the way because there is so much to do. I will update with more information as it becomes available, so this blog post is a "living document" so to speak. I already had some of these tools in my sewing room, so some of these items may no longer be available for purchase.
- Silk Georgette
- Silk Georgette - purchased from Mood Fabrics several years ago that they no longer have. They DO have plenty of georgette in stock, but I got my particular piece on closeout and it's no longer available.
- Cotton Voile
- Rayon Bemberg Lining
- Cheesecloth - WHAT? This is still tentative, and is a much cheaper alternative to the copper mesh tubing I want. I haven't decided yet. I think the copper might be easier to handle WRT unraveling. I'm going to dye the cheesecloth the color I want it and do some trial stitching to see how it handles.
Beads and Beading Supplies
Embroidery and Smocking Supplies
- Embroidery Needles
- DMC Copper Embroidery Floss
- Metallic machine embroidery thread
- Silk thread in a few colors
- DMC Pearl Cotton - Still haven't decided the final design for embroidery. May not use.
- 22" invisible zipper
- Insect pins - I know this sounds crazy, but these pins are super sharp and thin with a nylon head. Silk is easily marred, and these are perfect for delicate fabrics.
- Boning and Twill Tape
- Chaco Liner, Marking pencils, or Chalk Cartridge Set
- Heat Erasable Fabric Pens
Tools and Equipment
- Gingher Knife Edge Shears - These may not be the exact pair, but I have several.
- Brother Sewing Machine - Discontinued Project Runway model that I got brand new at Goodwill for half of the retail cost. I think it was a Christmas gift that someone returned to Walmart. It was unused and NIB.
- Vintage Singer that belonged to my grandmother
- Singer Serger
- Self Healing Cutting Mat - this size covers the entire surface of my cutting table. I do a lot of quilting/rotary cutting so this is really nice to have.
- Dress Form